The ‘ExO’ (exponential organisations) methodology is based on a book by Salim Ismail, founding executive director of the Singularity University.
Venture Capital systems around the world are spawning Exponential Organisations such as Uber (disrupting the taxi industry), AirBnb (disrupting the hotel industry), and Tangerine (disrupting the banking industry). Disruptive technologies and innovation has always been a threat to established organisations. However in the 21st century disruptive innovation happens 10 times faster than it used to.
ExO’s run at a pace 10x faster than your organisation. ExO’s threaten the status quo of virtually every organisation, industry and sector in every location worldwide including NZ.
WHAT CAN YOU DO ABOUT EXO’S?
By attending Creative HQ’s workshop you will understand how ExO’s manage to operate at 10x the speed of other organisations, how your organisation can speed up and what strategies you can put in place to avoid being disrupted by startups.
During the ½ day ExO workshop attendees will learn:
- How ExOs achieve their 10x speed: MTP and the 10 dimensions of ExO
- What the implications of ExOs are for companies in NZ
- How to perform an ExO risk assessment
- How to employ some of the techniques used by ExOs
- What response strategies are most suitable to guard against disruption from ExOs
EXO’S WORKING AT 10X THE PACE OF THEIR COMPETITORS
WHO IS THE EXO WORKSHOP FOR?
The workshop is designed for executives, key decision makers and innovators within medium sized enterprises and large organsiations.
WORKSHOP DETAILS AND COST
Our ExO Workshop is typically held at Creative HQ’s premises. The workshop is ideally suited for up to 10 participants and the all inclusive price of $2,500 (plus GST) covers attendance, workshop material and refreshments for all delegates.
NB: In some cases match-funding from Callaghan Innovation or Grow Wellington may be available.
The Creative HQ ExO workshop uses real-world examples and hands-on exercises. The workshop content is designed to ensure that participants understand the core principles of exponential organisations and learn key skills to implement a transformation programme to become an ExO. The workshop agenda is as follows:
- An introduction to Exo – key principles, examples, overview of essential terminology and introduction to core concepts
- Case Studies – organisations operating at 10x the speed of their competitors. Examples from varies sectors and industries.
- The philosophy of MTP
- The ExO dimensions (SCALE and IDEAS):
- Staff On Demand
- Community & Crowd
- Leveraged Assets
- Implications for your business
- Hands-on exercises – ExO at your organisation
- Assessing the ExO risk to your business
- Response strategies
For more information on the ExO workshop please get in touch with our High Growth Architect Glenn Andert