Creative HQ Limited (CHQ, we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- to mar
- ket our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to undertake identity checks in relation to Anti Money Laundering Act requirements
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- to fulfil our requirements under the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009
We only collect your personal information for a specific purpose connected with the services we provide.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- another company within our group
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you
- In addition, we sometimes work with external providers of services. In specific cases, we may disclose your personal data if relevant and necessary to the provision of this work.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuses.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
Online Information Collection
Like many organisations, we collect information about our users for the purposes of improving our digital platforms, marketing material and strategies, and to provide you with a better experience when you use any of our digital platforms.
If you register to become a part of the CHQ community via a CHQ owned digital property (such as the CHQ website or Lightning Lab website), we may collect personal information about you including your name, email address, contact information and other information required by New Zealand law.
We may collect and use information about you from publicly available third party websites and sources, and we may use that information in accordance with these terms.
We are committed to complying with the Act when collecting, using or dealing with any of your personal information.
We may also collect information relevant to our digital platforms, our marketing strategies and our services, including information on:
- IP addresses
- Search terms
- Pages accessed and links clicked
- Dates and times of visits
- The immediate previous site visited
- Operating systems (eg Windows, Mac)
- Web browsers
- Internet activity, whether on this website or any other
We use this information for statistical purposes, ensuring all users are anonymous and not personally identifiable by the information collected.
We may disclose information about you if, and to the extent that, we are required to do so by law, or at the request of a government agency that has authority to compel us to disclose information about you.
A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive, then sent back to the server by your browser each time you access certain sections of our digital platforms.
Third parties including Google Analytics use this non-personally identifiable information to perform statistical analysis of user behaviour and demographics. We may use this analysis to understand the key characteristics of visitors to any Digital Platform in an anonymous and aggregate level which assists us to improve and personalise your experience with CHQ. We also use the information provided by third parties including the Google Analytics Remarketing service to better target our online advertising including based on your previous visits to any Digital Platform, and to present you with relevant advertising on third-party websites. CHQ may disclose the information collected by cookies, in an aggregate (not personal) form only, to Google and third parties including advertisers or potential advertisers.
If you do not want information collected by cookies there is a simple procedure in web browsers which allows you to manually disable the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this, please look at the help menu on your browser.
For more information on how we use Google advertising and Analytics please see here.
By submitting information to CHQ (including through the 'Subscribe' and 'Contact us' forms ) or by using, or communicating with us through, any other Digital Platform you agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your information as described above.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
Ciara Craig - GM Engagement
firstname.lastname@example.org | +64 21 450 209