Creative HQ’s Certificate in Applied Innovation is made up of five, five-hour workshops: foundation, discovery, market potential, ideation and build-measure-learn.
After the successful competition of all five workshops, participants are awarded the Certificate in Applied Innovation.
The recipients of this certificate have learnt the basics of Applied Innovation and can confidently apply some of the key innovation tools and methodologies.
Below are some of the key learning outcomes for each workshop.
- Understanding what innovation is.
- Understanding of the principles of Lean, Agile and Design Thinking.
- Applying all three approaches to an innovation team challenge
- Visualising the user experience through a customer journey map.
- Identifying, articulating and challenging assumptions by constructing an assumption map.
- Preparing and conducting empathy interviews with potential users to identify pain points, current behaviour and value.
- Distilling insights to construct a focused problem statement.
Market potential workshop
- Understanding the importance of validating both problems and potential solutions.
- Being able to use market segmentation tools and apply the results.
- Being able to use trend analysis tools and apply the results.
- Being able to use competitor analysis tools and apply the results.
- Being able to collate the results from market research and sizing and convey them through a market attractiveness story.
Build, measure & learn workshop
- Understanding the potential of prototypes to test the viability, useability, feasibility and desirability of a new product or service.
- Understanding how to select and articulate key assumptions to test and how they may be tested.
- Having experienced building a basic prototype and setting up a test for it using a Build-Measure-Learn loop.
- Being able to use findings to iterate and identify opportunities for further testing through user engagement.
- Having the confidence to articulate next steps for the product through roadmap and lean canvas template.